I’ve always had the suspicion that most of my readers don’t realize how much else I offer on this website in addition to this blog, so I thought I’d celebrate the “grand re-opening” of Cold Climate Gardening with a scavenger hunt that will encourage you to explore my website more thoroughly.
Prizes, We Have Prizes
And you will be rewarded–and I don’t just mean the intrinsic reward of acquainting yourself with the rest of my website. Take a look at what you could win if you’re clever:
- Botanical Interests seeds, 6 packets of your choosing
- Fiskars Power Gear hand pruners
- Hardy Succulents: Tough Plants for Every Climate by Gwen Kelaidis, photos by Saxon Holt
- Home Outside: Creating the Landscape You Love by Julie Moir Messervy
- The Household Guide to Dying by Debra Adelaide
- Oh Garden of Fresh Possibilities!: Notes from a Gloucester Garden by Kim Smith
- Renee’s Garden Seeds, 6 packets of your choosing
- Just in! One copy each of Wormwood and Indigo Dying, both by Susan Wittig Albert. (The grand prize winner will get one, and another winner will get the other.) Unfortunately, these can not be shipped out until May, but they will eventually come.
- Only one entry per person. You must use the form provided below.
- Prizes will only be shipped to locations in the US. (Shipping outside of the US is increasingly expensive and, in the case of seeds, increasingly complicated. Sorry.) Winners’ email addresses will be provided to the prize donors so that they can ship directly to the winners.
- The entry must have a valid email address in order for a prize to be awarded. If a prizewinner’s email bounces, the prize will be awarded to the next person who answered all the questions correctly.
- The first person to submit an entry with all questions answered correctly will win the Grand Prize: a pair of Fiskars pruners, a copy of The Household Guide to Dying, seeds from Botanical Interests and Renee’s Garden, and your choice of one other book.
- The remaining prizes will be awarded to the owners of the next correctly answered submissions in the order they are received. If no one manages to answer all questions correctly, then all prizes will be awarded in a random drawing, and no Grand Prize will be awarded.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Winners will be announced on April 13, 2009.
The Scavenger Hunt is over. The questions and their answers, as well as the names of the prizewinners, can be found here.
Have fun and good luck!