Win Susan Wittig Albert’s latest China Bayles mystery

– Posted in: Book reviews

Susan Wittig Albert is giving away an advance reading copy of the latest installment in her China Bayles series, Wormwood. If you don’t know China, she used to be a high profile lawyer, but decided to switch careers and sell herbs in a small Texas town. Only she still has more to do with murder victims than she ever imagined. It’s like she’s living out Amy Stewart’s latest book, Wicked Plants. Anyway, the drawing for the book will be on March 30thMarch 28th, and I’ll be announcing the winner here. If you follow the link to the giveaway, you’ll find out why.

Update: Jinni Turkelson is the winner. For those of you who got confused, At Susan’s post she linked to her guest post on my blog. At that year-old post there is an update, which provided a link to a page on a different website of hers that had the (no longer valid) entry form.

In its own way, frost may be one of the most beautiful things to happen in your garden all year . . . Don’t miss it. Like all true beauty, it is fleeting. It will grace your garden for but a short while this morning. . . . For this moment, embrace frost as the beautiful gift that it is.

~Philip Harnden in A Gardener’s Guide to Frost: Outwit the Weather and Extend the Spring and Fall Seasons

Kris Farley March 29, 2009, 1:14 pm

Enjoy your blog very much. I have a link to it on my own. I hope people are checking it out.

Jenn March 27, 2009, 11:13 am

Ah. Ah.

Well, I am obviously not going to solve any mysteries any time soon, am I?

Reading comprehension, it’s not just for elementary school!

Jenn March 26, 2009, 10:29 pm

Is there a piece missing, Kathy?

You’ll find the link to the drawing for the advance reading copy of Wormwood at the end of the post on CCG.

Color me confused.

Kathy Purdy March 27, 2009, 7:34 am

At the end of the (old) post on my blog that Susan links to in her post, which is not this new, recently written post.

Marguerite March 26, 2009, 3:51 pm

Can’t find a link here or on Susan Wittig Albert’s website to enter this. Oh, well.

Kathy Purdy March 26, 2009, 5:37 pm

Sorry you had trouble, Marguerite. The words “giving away an advance reading copy” link to the post on Susan’s blog where she tells you where to go to find the link to the place to enter for the drawing.

Tina N Mattson March 26, 2009, 1:21 pm

I have all the China Bayles mysteries. I am going to try to start a vegetable garden this year. The zone I am in is probably the coldest. I am in Northern Minnesota. 60 miles Northwest fo Duluth, and 100 miles south of Canada.

Meadowlark March 26, 2009, 12:03 pm

I’ll enter! Although I THINK it’s here. Nevertheless, I’ll be on the lookout for these books. I don’t usually like mysteries because of the violence, so this might be interesting. Thanks for the heads up.

—–> sez the zone 4 chick who can’t even THINK about working the soil šŸ™

gail March 26, 2009, 11:39 am

Hi Kathy! I will follow the link but did want to say hello…any more signs of spring up there? gail

Gayle March 26, 2009, 10:57 am

I’ve never heard of Amy Stewart or China Bayles. But I love a good mystery so I’m going to have to check these books out.

Kathy Purdy March 26, 2009, 11:05 am

Hi, Gayle. Just to make things clear: Amy’s book is nonfiction, about poisonous plants, many of which have shown up in Susan’s fiction mystery books.