Tour Tasha Tudor’s Garden

– Posted in: Events

Perhaps you read The Secret Garden as a child, and remember this cover? Or maybe you just know that Tasha Tudor lives in Vermont and has a gorgeous garden, chronicled by Tovah Martin and photographed by Richard Brown? (Joe Eck of North Hill helped her with part of that garden; it’s in the June 1989 issue of Horticulture.)

Well! Did you know you can tour her garden, as well as those of her family members living on the same property? Four tours are offered this year, two each on June 28th and June 29th, for the princely sum of $165 per adult. Tickets go on sale March 4th and are expected to sell out fast.

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.

~Albert Camus in Albert Camus quotations

mss @ Zanthan Gardens March 10, 2008, 8:31 pm

Tovah Martin’s books of Tasha Tudor’s garden were a couple of my early inspirations when I first started gardening at this house. I’d love to go. Maybe next year.

Dee/reddirtramblings.com March 4, 2008, 12:46 pm

Wow, I’d really like to go, but I’m going too many other places this year. My children want a mommy at least some of the time, and I don’t think I can talk them into it for vacation. I can just hear the sneers and snarls now.~~Dee

Jane March 4, 2008, 12:13 pm

Love, love, love her. From the time I was a kid. My mom used to buy me her advent calendar every year and I still have them all, about half a dozen. Also, The Secret Garden might be my favorite book of all time (or tied with Confederacy of Dunces).

Catherine, MyGardenTravels March 2, 2008, 9:31 am

She creates such lovely illustrations. Her mind must be filled with beauty. There’s a sense of peace whenever I read her books.

kate March 2, 2008, 12:10 am

I imagine this secret garden tour would be pretty wonderful …

Mr. McGregor's Daughter March 1, 2008, 5:45 pm

I wasn’t familar with Tasha Tudor’s artwork b4 I read that book about her garden. (I’m so jealous of her ability to have the common Bleeding Heart not go dormant!) Then I started getting her books for my kids. My daughter’s & my favorite is “Corgiville Christmas.” What a treat it would be to tour her garden.

Amy March 1, 2008, 4:30 pm

Oooh, I wish I could go! I’ve been a fan of Tasha Tudor ever since my aunt gave me a copy of “The Secret Garden” when I was 10 years old. I still own and treasure the book. In fact, just this morning I was wondering if there was a book available about her gardens. I’ll have to look this one up! I own the cookbook she published and it’s a real treasure.

Jane Marie March 1, 2008, 9:06 am

I love the book of Tasha Tudor’s Garden. I feel myself relaxing just looking at it. I have checked it out of the library over and over again. Maybe it’s time to finally buy it. I truly wish I could take a garden tour of her place.

David March 1, 2008, 1:20 am

She’s one of my heroes and now you’ve got me thinking…

Anna--Flowergardengirl February 29, 2008, 11:38 pm

Tasha Tudor is one of my favorite artist. I have been looking for her prints for my guest room. I would pay that much to see her gardens. It is very meaningful that her family still lives there too. What a treat!